Hi, I’m Derrick Van Dyke, and in this seven-part marketing course, I’m going to reveal the exact system that hundreds of successful online marketers, including myself, are using right now to run a real Internet business that consistently generates over six figures online every year.
If you’re tired of all the hype and you’re looking for a proven system to build a real online business, then you’re on the right path. You’ll receive one new lesson every day and if you follow the steps and take immediate action, you’ll be well on your way to building your own six-figure business too!
Before we get started, I’d like to take just a few minutes to tell you a little bit about me and how I got started online…
I started selling information products in 2004. I bought resell rights to a product and set up an affiliate program. I got affiliates to sent traffic to my free offer and I paid them 75% commission on the one-time offer.
So I was making money and building a subscriber list for free. I’ve never had to pay or work for traffic since. I simply create offers and get affiliates to promote.
In 2005, I create my first product. Affiliate Cash Secrets started as an ebook and evolved into a membership site that charged a monthly fee of $29.95. I paid $20 to affiliates. Total revenue from that one product was over $250,000 — before PayPal froze my account and canceled all my subscriptions (but that’s another story).
I was able to quit my job within six months and went on to build a list of over 100,000 subscribers and generate over $1,000,000 in sales. And I did it using the exact strategies that you’re about to discover…
But it wasn’t always like that…
Before I found Internet marketing…my wife and I owed $40,000 for student loans and had racked up $30,000 on credit cards.
We both worked full time will raising 4 kids. She worked days and I worked nights. I remember how Joanie would literally hand me the car keys as she walked in and I walked out. We rarely saw each other for over a year.
We had no extra money for fun. If we wanted to go out for dinner and a movie, it had to go on a credit card. And we never had a real vacation until I was 36 years old.
Ironically, we made too much money to qualify for welfare, but barely enough to survive. And the debt kept piling up…
But that was another life. Now I’m the BOSS.
I work from home. So I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want.
I can take vacations with my family when the kids are out of school (that’s us at Universal Studios).
I can go camping, fishing, and wake boarding during the week when it’s not overcrowded.
And I never have to worry about losing my job… because I’m the boss.
And that’s what I want for you…To never have to worry about money or the stress of having a job (or losing your job). To live life on your terms and not be limited by the confines of a monthly paycheck.
Let’s dive in…
Here’s How to Build a Six-Figure Business
1. Create an Online Presence – All you need is a WordPress blog to get started. Write about your journey to build your online business. Write about your successes and failures. Become an expert on your topic and write tutorials for your subscribers. Write reviews for affiliate products. It’s all about building relationships and being viewed as an authority in the marketplace.
2. Create Your Own Products – It’s easier than you think to create a low-cost, high-value product that you can sell for 100% profit and get affiliates to promote for you. You can do a simple audio or video interview, create a video tutorial, write a short report, or even create a simple WordPress plugin. If you don’t want to do it yourself, you can partner with someone or even outsource the work.
3. Set Up a Sales Funnel – You need a simple, automated system that sells your product, tracks affiliate commissions, delivers the product to your customer, builds a list of buyers, and follows up with prospects automatically. It takes some work to set up. But you only have to do the work once and you’ll have an asset in your business that will generate revenue for years to come.
4. Launch Your Product – Once you have your sales funnel set up, it’s easy to get affiliates to send you traffic and build your buyers list for free. All you have to do create an page with tools for your affiliates and run a contest. Then you contract with a JV broker and split the profits from your launch. Hint: you can do this multiple times with different JV brokers.
5. Send Email - The next step is to build a relationship with your subscribers by sending them free, valuable content and promotions for quality products and services that will help them succeed. Then automate the entire process by adding the successful campaigns to your autoresponder sequence so every new customer receives the same emails.
6. Create Back End Offers – The final step is to add more products and services to your sales funnel and then test and tweak your sales process to increase the EPC for your affiliates. Making more money motivates them to send more traffic and also increases the lifetime value of each customer.
These six steps are all you need to build a six-figure business. It’s the same process that every successful entrepreneur follows to generate consistent income online.
But most people will never experience this feeling of freedom because they think it’s too hard and they’re afraid of failure. They buy product after product and never take action. They think there’s got to be an easy way and keep searching for that “Magic Button” that will send money flying through their computer.
And unfortunately, that’s what most marketers want you to believe…that making money online is easy. But it’s not. You should know that by now. It takes hard work and dedication to reap the rewards that the Internet can give you.
Instead, they make excuses…
“I don’t have enough time to get things done”. We all have 24 hours each day. How much time do you waste watching TV, posting on Facebook, reading emails, or downloading useless freebies?
“I don’t have enough money to invest”. You can get started for under $100. All you need is a domain, hosting, and an autoresponder. But you need to invest the money you make back into your business. If you’re not willing to invest in your success, then you’ll have a hard time acheiving your goals.
“Everything is too technical”. When I started, I had to code web pages by hand. Now there are a variety of business building tools at your fingertips. Technology has never been this easy.
“I’m not an expert at anything”. You have to be willing to put in some effort. Do the research. Become an expert. You only have to know more than the majority. Do you think your neighbor knows what a squeeze page is?
“I’m not smart enough to run a business”. If you’re smart enough to read this article, you can run a business. Heck, I didn’t even graduate from High School. It just takes motivation and dedication to be successful.
“There’s got to be an easier way”. You can keep searching for that magic button or you can grow some balls and start building a real business. It’s your choice. The question is: where will you be six months from now? Still searching or watching your bank account fill up with money?
Here Are The Keys to Success
1. Focus on what is important. Identify your strengths and weaknesses. Decide what is important to learn and what you should outsource. It’s not worth spending hours trying to learn Photoshop when you can have a professional ecover designed for $17. On the other hand, learning to write persuasive sales copy is something you should learn. The more you can outsource, the more time you’ll have to build your business.
2. Play where you can win. Don’t try to create something that’s never been done. Find out what’s already selling and create something better. It’s much easier and faster to compete in a thriving marketplace than it is to create demand in a new market.
3. Give away valuable content. People buy from people they know, like, and trust. By giving away some of your best content without asking anything in return, you’ll gain the respect and trust of your subscribers and they’ll be more likely to buy from you or the product you recommend in the future.
4. Be willing to help others succeed. When you go out of your way to reply to email and blog posts and offer excellent customer support, you will be seen as someone who honestly wants to help others. And people talk about that in social circles, which builds your reputation as an honest marketer.
5. Have a clear plan of action. If you don’t wake up every morning knowing exactly what you’re going to do that day to build your business, then you don’t have a plan. Get some Mindmap software and brainstorm. Then create a step-by-step plan of action that you can achieve within a specific time frame. Set goals for yourself and don’t let anything get in your way.
6. Get laser focused on your goals. Set aside a block of time when you can focus on the one thing that will have the biggest impact on your business. Shut off Skype. Don’t check your email. Don’t even pee until you finish. JK.
Today’s assignment: Download Xmind or a similar software and start on your plan of action. Below is an example of what that may look like. Then tomorrow, you can start to expand on your plan as I show you how to create your online presence.
If you liked this article and want to learn more, please let me know by leaving a comment below…